Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Love

I'm overcome with the emotion of love today.

We love things, or say we do, like chocolate and sunrises and flowers. But those fade into nothingness when we measure them against the people we love. Nothing equals that kind of love. Miles can't separate us from that love. When I leave my daughter, son-in-law and grandson, my love for them is as strong at home as it is in their presence.

God gave us this emotion. He shared His love with us first. He loves us as much from His home in Heaven as when He was here on earth in the body of Jesus. Can you imagine what it will be like to be with Him and share that love every day?

I don't know what Heaven will be like where love is concerned. I hope we know our families in Heaven because I don't want to lose the love we have for each other. Surely we won't. I'm sure we'll be swimming in love there but I can't imagine loving people I've never known as much as I love my family.

One thing about finally being there with all our loved ones -- we won't experience the pain of separation any more. When I leave these three people, I leave a little of my heart with them.

A couple of years ago my two daughters and I went to Hawaii together. We decided we'd take some kind of trip together every year. But circumstances changed and that hasn't happened. Unless another circumstance changes it will never happen again. I'm thankful for that trip. The memory of spending a week with the two people I love most in the world will never leave me, but the ache of perhaps never being able to do it again doesn't leave either.

Time passes. Lives change, but love lives on.

No comments:

Post a Comment