Friday, December 26, 2008

Outer Banks Adventure

A few years ago I read a book--"Beach Music"--can't think of the author. The story took place in Paris and North Carolina and was about a huge southern family. It took me months to read it because I'd read awhile on it then move to another, less intense book. I always went back because the story and the author's characters, his use of descriptions and words drew me in.
The reader became intimately familiar with every character through pages of back story--a no-no in writer's workshops and seminars. But it worked for this author.

In "Beach Music" I read about the Outer Banks. Still don't know what they are but that's where we're heading today. When I get back, I'll let you know what it's all about. Have you been there?

Off to another new adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment