Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Dilemma

Here's my dilemma.

My husband's been gone for 5 days and will be home tomorrow evening. Although I've been independent for most of my adult life, since being married to him for the last 5 1/2 years, I've come to depend on having him around. In fact I've missed him more than I thought I would. True, I've gotten lots of writing and researching and planning done on the "Plugged Nickel" novel. I've even had time to go back to "Copper Penny" and begin editing. Those things are important but I've discovered I really don't like living alone any more!

Here's the dilemma. He comes home tomorrow at 6:30. At 6:30 tomorrow Southwest Writers is offering a two hour class for five-weeks on "How to Get Published in Fiction in 5 Easy Steps." The class covers writing a query (a dreaded query), creating a synopsis (shudder!), the submission process, editor/agent relationships, and conventions (?). I want to see my husband, and I want to take the class and I can't be in two places at the same time.

Knowing Reid, he'd tell me to go to the class. If the tables were turned, he'd stay home to be with me. That's what I really want to do. I could call SWW tomorrow and ask if I can come to the class on the next Monday and make up what I miss. If I do that, will I really get all I need out of the class missing the introductory two hours? Or I could skip the class and work out the process without any help? I do want to get serious about trying to get this book published so I can get the one I'm working on published, too.

Don't you just love dilemmas and hard choices? Stay tuned and I'll let you know what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment