Sunday, March 8, 2009

I've Got A Dream

I found out today that Peter Ackroyd has written a bio about Edgar Allen Poe. The review by Larry Cox in NM Market Place has really gotten me interested in reading this book. Poe is one of those authors a person reads in high school and college. I always liked his stories because they were so different, so weird and troubling. The reviewer said that all of his life he had to scramble for money. He received $9 for "The Raven." Evidently many of the famous authors we read today and who are our icons, didn't "make it" while they were alive.

Hmmmm. Might I have a better chance after I die? I'm not counting on it, but I'll keep writing just because I love doing it. Probably Poe did, too.

Right now I'm doing the final edit on "Copper Penny," writing "Plugged Nickel" and am already getting excited about beginning "Turn on a Dime." And nothing is even out there trying to get published yet.

As Oscar Hammerstein said, "If you don't have a dream, how are you going to make a dream come true?" I've got a dream. Do you?

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I have the same love for writing. When I grow up I want to be a Best Selling Author, until then I'll keep blogging. Let me know when your books are available, can't wait to read them.

    ReplyDelete