Monday, April 6, 2009

Some Stuff

Down comes the Mother picture and up comes something else. I haven't decided yet.

After writing last Thursday's blog, I went to the final Esther class. I'm not sure about everything Beth Moore said, but I knew I was hearing from God and He was saying, "Change your stinkin' thinkin'!"

Let me give some quotes that spoke to me last Thursday.
"All these stabs in the dark (when we pray and don't know what to do next) come together in His beauty." Which means to me--He's hearing my prayers and although I can't see anything happening, they will come together eventually.

"He has made everything beautiful in its time. (Even me.) In man's realm Time diminishes beauty. In God's realm where we will spend forever, time perfects beauty. Beauty in God's realm is not a treatment. It's a destiny." Imagine that! Our destinies are beautiful.

"My life story is still being written." So is yours.

When I'm overshadowed, underrated, overwrought, under qualified, under attack, over- anxious and over-responsible, God will turn it around. Thank goodness!

It's tough being a woman, isn't it? We want to look good, feel good, smell good and be loved. Men? They know they look good, feel good, smell good and are lovers. (At least that's what they tell themselves and they never obsess about whether or not that's true.)

Psalm 91--God is never more there than when you cannot see Him. Lately that's been where I am. I've been asking God for something for a long time, but nothing is happening. I can't see Him, but I have to believe He's listening and working this problem out.

It's much later in the day since I began this. I've been on the phone with my brother, both of my daughters, an adopted grandson, Comcast, two doctors' offices and three friends. I've written two letters. I've washed so many loads of clothes that I've lost count. Still have two more loads to dry. I've dusted my house, cleaned bathrooms and eaten lunch. But I haven't been on the elliptical yet. Whew! I'm not sure I'll make it.

I don't know if what I've written makes any sense at all but here it is. I hope your day has gone well. Until I get back on this again, know that God is with you even if you can't see or hear Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment