Friday, September 4, 2009

I Am the Book of Numbers

Numbers.
You're good with things that can be counted and sorted, a great classifier. Detail is your forte. You may give others the impression that you're staid, bu...t a close friend will learn that you have some shocking quirks that may approach the level of fetishes. It's OK to set high standards for yourself--that's why you accomplish so much--just make sure you give yourself grace when necessary, too..

I took a Facebook quiz written by the person whose Facebook name is Inkhorn Blue: Which Book of the Bible Are You? There are other quizzes by the same name out there but hers is a Facebook quiz. I came out Numbers. I can agree with much of it, but when it comes to the fetishes.... I go along with quirks, but the word "fetishes" stymied me so I called on Mr. Webster to give me some help.

A fetish is a small stone believed to have magical power. The second definition comes closer: an object of irrational reverence or obsessive devotion. Then it goes into body parts????

Fetishism--extravagant irrational devotion; the pathological displacement of erotic interest and satisfaction to a fetish.

Now what answer did I give that led the author of this test in this direction?

If we throw out the pathological and erotic part, I can go along with the rest, even the irrational devotion. Of course, I don't see the devotion I have to certain people and things as irrational. However, I imagine many of my friends and family members would agree with this.

When I think of the book of Numbers, I think DULL. Important at one time, but even then pretty dull.

Am I that way? Are my beliefs and devotions so strong that people find them irrational and dull?

Ahhh, but I can't forget that included in the quizzes description of me is the last sentence. I set high standards for myself and because of this I do accomplish a lot. I constantly have to be reminded of grace. Thank God for Grace. I'd never make it without His grace over me.

1 comment: