Friday, November 20, 2009

Resting in His Hands

Today is the big day--the children's home auction.

Last week we spent a couple of days at the home getting items ready for the home's fund raiser event of the year. It's so much work but so much fun, too.

For the past two nights, because of our busy schedule and the holidays and life in general, I haven't slept well. If anything disrupts my life, it turns into not sleeping. I wish I'd lose my appetite instead. :)

As the year draws to a close I wonder what the next one will bring. I could make a list of what I want to happen, but when I do that, God always surprises me. As I look back at the big changes in my life, I can see His hand so clearly. Just as he made the way plain for the Israelites and even parted the sea for them, so has he done for me. I've had places to live, jobs, friends, churches--all because of His leading.

I know God has us in his hands. Whatever the next year brings, I can rest in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment