Monday, November 2, 2009

Health and Peace

It is such a blessing to feel good again!

After church yesterday a doctor spoke about the flu vaccines. She said it appeared that those who had the regular flu shot had milder cases of H1N1. Maybe that's what happened to us. My husband had it, we think, about two weeks ago but only for two days. Mine lasted about four.

I want to thank all my blogging friends--those who write and those who read only--for thinking of me while I was out of commission. I got emails that don't show up on the blog comments and really appreciated them.

Yesterday's sermon was about peace. Just saying the word quietens the soul. It was a wonderful day. Dallas won and the team I picked to win in the football contest, don't really know what to call it, that team won, too. There are 60 of us left in the game. I have to think hard to figure out my next pick. It's fun although I won't be the last person standing because I lost once. Someone who gets to the end and has never lost will win. I don't even know what the prize is. The only reason I joined was to help my niece's son's little league team.

The children's home auction is coming up soon and we are on the committee gathering donations and selling tickets. We'll be busy for the next two weeks. Thank you, Lord, that I didn't get sick this week!!

I hope everyone who reads this is well and at peace in their lives.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better! We're looking forward to the auction.

    ReplyDelete