Thursday, July 3, 2008

Why Are We Here?

Why am I here?

Ever ask youself that question?

Am I here to just fill up space on the planet or is there a deeper reason?

Last night at a small group we attend, that question was asked of me. My honest answer is I'm not sure, but what I want it to be is this. In my 72 years I've had lots of ups and downs. The one constant in all of it has been God. If I hadn't known there was something beyond me, and what I was experiencing, I'd have quickly given up. God wasn't just out there somewhere watching over me and helping me get through it. He was real--is real--and I found out it didn't matter what I had done or was doing, He never gave up on me. He loved me through it.

I don't know why I'm here for sure, but I do know this. While I'm here I want to let every person I meet know that God loves them the same way He loves me--totally, without prejudice, no-matter-what, every second of every day--and nothing any of us ever do will change that.

So, I'll do just that this morning. God loves you just the way you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment