Thursday, May 21, 2009

Waiting For A Publisher

I just got home from meeting with the author, Melody Groves, who critiqued my manuscript of "Copper Penny." She liked the story and sometimes had to remind herself she was working. Still, there are some changes I need to make.

This is the first time I've used someone outside friends or family to do a big critique like this for me. It was well worth the money, and after I make the changes, I think I'll have a really good book. I plan to start sending this out every week to two or three editors/agents/publishers. Melody thinks I have a good book. Maybe someone else will think so, too. She said that since the economy tanked her book sales have gone up. Maybe people are beginning to read again.

Since I think I was born with a book in my hands, I can't imagine not reading. I know that a certain age group today doesn't read much and they have no idea what they are missing. I've learned so much from books about places I'll never go; about people's lives different from my own; about cultures and religions and ways of thinking.

I hope reading comes back into style. And when I finally get my book published, I hope everyone reads it.

No comments:

Post a Comment