Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Unmovable Faith

I opened my shades again this morning and there was that beautiful mountain. What a blessing I've had for six and a half years to be able to see the Sandias from my windows. I never dreamed I would fall in love with a mountain.

My husband spoke at an assisted living facility recently. He talked about gratitude and whether we are thermostats or thermometers.

A thermometer measures the temperature of the moment. A thermostat sets the temperature. Something happened yesterday that disappointed me. Instead of remaining fixed in gratitude, my thermometer fell. It took me awhile to shake it off and reset my thermostat to thankfulness.

Paul said to give thanks in all things for this is the will of God. I'm endeavoring to set my thermostat on giving thanks no matter what happens. I want my faith to be like that mountain I see every day--unmovable.

1 comment:

  1. The mountain sounds beautiful and it is a wonderful reminder to maintain an attitude of gratefulness and an unshakable faith.

    ReplyDelete