Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Big Day

Today is a big day for a lot of people. Even if we didn't vote for Barak Obama, he will be our President for the next four years--and depending on how he does, he may stay another four.

I can understand why so many African-Americans are excited. On the TV this morning they showed an old black man being pushed in a wheelchair, wrapped in a blanket, his breath making frosty clouds. I know why he's there. I don't blame him and hope he makes it through those crowds.

No matter who we voted for, only in this country is the transition of power carried out so flawlessly. I salute the Bush's for making their part of that change easier than it was for them when they took office.

I pray Obama can unite our country. I pray people don't hate him and make personal hate attacks against him like they've have against George W. Bush.

President Bush had a hard job to do, and he did it as best he could. I believe he's an honorable man, and loves our country. Laura Bush is the best first lady this country has ever had. They will be in my prayers.

I'll watch all of the festivities today. I'll be praying for the new President and I hope others will do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment