Friday, January 2, 2009

Blessing Breaking On My Head

Many years ago I painted. I painted with oils mostly. Then circumstances changed--physically circumstances which gave me no place to paint. I tried to pick up the paints again when physical circumstances allowed the room, but my artistic, creative muse had left me. So I wrote.

I've been writing for several years. Last year circumstances changed once more. Circumstances that have pushed my muse into a corner where she has fallen asleep. I hope her disappearance isn't permanent. I don't know how long muses live when they are ignored and aren't fed. But all that used to feed her has gone into keeping my physical and mental person functioning.

I make no resolutions, but I do have goals. One of my goals for 2009 is to awaken Muse. Thinking this as I awoke this morning, I remembered reading that Peace isn't a state of being. Peace is a Person. That Person lives in and with me. My 2009 goal is to allow this Person to carry those burdens and bring Muse back to life. With this in mind, I came to my computer and read what someone else had written.

God moves in a mysterious way,His wonders to perform;
He plants his footsteps in the sea,And rides upon the storm.
Deep in unfathomable mines
Of never-failing skill,He treasures up his bright designs,And works his sovereign will.
You fearful saints, fresh courage take,
The clouds you so much dread
Are big with mercy, and shall break
In blessings on your head.
William Cowpernd

Thank you, God, for the clouds--and for the blessings breaking on my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment